Monday, July 2, 2012

Monday, Monday

Some people consider Monday the start of the week.  It has always made sense to me that Sunday is the beginning of the week.  It should be a day of renewal and planning.  A day to start again with energy and hope of what the week can hold.

Today I attended the church of my friend, Pastor Wayne, and it is always a great way to start my week.  Gathering with other believers willing to say, "Hey I'm not perfect but God does not ask me to be.  So here I am ready to recognize my weaknesses and failures and to start again."  I heard many of my favorite songs and some of the lines stood out in ways that only God can make happen, like piecing together letters from magazines to make a love note.  My love note from God today reminded me that God loves me "not because of who I am but because of what You've done.  Not because of what I've done but because of who You are" (Who Am I by the Casting Crowns) and it was a great reminder that there is nothing that I can do -nothing better or different - that I could do to make God love me more or cause God to love me less.
Wow.  How lucky we are!

So...a great start to a new week and I'm looking forward to what it has to offer - and to the challenge of discovering what I have to offer this week.

I have committed to training for this half marathon - no matter what Mother Nature has planned for the weather.  It may not be pretty - and probably will NOT be pretty- so you will not see post-training pictures.  However I will let you know how my training goes and keep you posted on my fundraising progress.

Here's hoping that you found time in your weekend to relax and renew so that you begin with hope for the week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment