Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Keep on Going

So for some reason during my 5k on the 4th of July my ankle started hurting. I didn't think a whole lot about it because I was focusing on crossing the finish line.

I limped a little that afternoon and again didn't think much about it.  However it is almost a week later and my ankle is still hurting.

I visited the chiropractor once last week and again on Monday and he said that my fibia was out and he adjusted it.  He also said that the surrounding muscles were extremely tight.  So I have had some massage, ice, electric stim and two adjustments and it is still not back to normal.

Unfortunately that means that I have not run or done any cardio since July 4!

I have not given up on my training I know that I can make up for lost time with the help of Jeff, our awesome Team Challenge coach.  And I know that Everybody's Health will help get back to full performance as soon as possible.

I am getting an X-ray taken tomorrow just to be sure there is not a stress fracture.  I am also taking a supplement that is supposed to support bone healing and break down dead tissue.

It seems that I am being sidelined a little bit at the moment but there is still much to learn from here.  And of course it allows me to use the time I would be training to focus on my fundraising.

I will keep you posted after the X-ray and another day of supplements.

In the meantime, take care of yourselves and your health!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment